What we recommend ..
Here are a number of key recommendations that foreign investors should follow to establish and develop their investment project successfully.
- Contact CINEX, the local agency for investment promotion by email at: email@example.com or by phone at: +5999 462 1444.
- Get informed about the (tax) incentives and benefits available in Curaçao. Curaçao has investment incentives that can be applied in many priority sectors.
- Seek legal advice in Curaçao. Law firms can assist you with all queries regarding incorporation of companies, immigration requirements, employment issues, purchase or lease of property, tax issues, permits and licenses and any other legal advice that you need.
- Make sure the resident and work permits are granted.
- Rely on professional financial service companies in Curaçao. All the major international accounting firms are represented in Curaçao. They and other smaller firms can advise you on your financial issues, provide tax advice and other operational and/or management advice.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses required to operate your business. Before the company is operational all permits and licenses required have to be in good order.
- Obtain the necessary permits for construction. Building permits are required by the Ministry of Traffic, Transport and Urban Planning. Permits should be granted by the department of Urban Planning (DROV) before any construction work begins.
- Contact Curaçao Chamber of Commerce, Curaçao Trade and Industry Association or the Ministry of Economic Development. These institutions have qualified advisors to provide key information and support your business in Curaçao. See the contact details in the ‘useful contacts’ section on page 67.